Friday, April 24, 2009

Portfolio

I will be submitting my portfolio soon. I know that this is the best that I can do for now given that I don't really have much time to make any changes any more.

Worked through the night rendering, compressing, converting, burning videos. What a tedious process. At least through all this, I know my stuff better now. Ask me about videos? No problem. I learnt from my mistakes in this module, and from my classmates. I really, really learnt alot, so much more than the other modules I have taken this semester. I have also made good friends from class, especially my group members, and I have them to thank for being able to come this far without much prior knowledge about video. I've always been more of a design for print person.

Like in NM2208, we never know what mistakes or what we left out unless we show it to others to help us see. Take for example our CNM promotional video. During in-class critique, we asked the class if they thought certain sections of the video took too long to transit. The class didn't think it was fast, and that was because it was the first time they saw it. But for us, we felt that it was long and because we've been watching the video for goodness how many times, we don't notice alot of things. More like, we became numb to the video.

Other than learning about video, I learnt how to present my videos. The one which I spent most effort on the presentation part was my Superhero video - SuperFeero. I know that giving viewers only visual pleasure was not enough, I had to also explore the auditory aspects of a video. And as I have mentioned quite a few times in this module, I get my inspiration from Tom & Jerry cartoons. These cartoons, despite having minimal dialogues and movements (they are drawn anyway) are able to evoke different types of senses in the viewer. I love watching Tom & Jerry not only because it is funny, but also because I liked the way they had an orchestra to accompany the cartoon. Totally fabulous planning and choreography.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone in this class, especially Dr Julian and my group members, for making my last semester in NUS such a memorable and fun one. Thank you everyone.



:]

No comments:

Post a Comment