After the critique session.
The class laughed at my video, which is good because it means I have achieved what I intended. Dr Julian wondered about the scene where I was in the toilet, but yes, it was all real. I didn't do anything special to the video at all because I didn't really know how to. The keying out of the blue screen was already the greatest test if my AE skills.
Watching fellow classmates' videos, I realised most of them had really cool effects and their videos were so much more interesting. I think that was why Dr Julian wanted me to make my character dissolve into particles when teleporting.
I tried doing that by using masks and applying the effect on it, but it couldn't work on all scenes. So there are only some parts where I dissolve, other parts where I simply fade out. I still don't really know the workings of AE afterall, despite having read up on as many guidebooks on AE as possible.
At least now my video has sort of a balance of both camera trickery and special effects from AE. I think that was what Dr Julian wants us all to achieve, machine-made effects applied to real footages to enhance the video. It also made my video look abit more polished :]
Here's my video on youtube. Enjoy (and comment)!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment