Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Assignment 3 - Ken Burns Effect (Part 3)

Based on the comments given on ivle, I've made changes to both my videos.

For the cnm video, I've made the picture sizes consistent by zooming only until the picture fits the frame. I realised that having black 'pillars' in some of the footages really kind of spoils the video. So, that's gone now :]

In the nus video, the first most noticeable mistake was the audio track. Due to my own ignorance, I had altered the volume in AfterEffects. So when the video started, the music was way louder than it is supposed to, resulting in a 'cracked-speakers' effect that was crappy and caused the video to have a low quality effect. I only realised this mistake after the lecture on sound, and I'm glad Dr Julian had that lecture, or I wouldn't had known what was the problem. I had initially rendered both videos and no audio came out, so I thought I had to adjust the volume. It was because of some setting in AE though, not the audio volume. Anyway so now the audio is much better.

The music I chose has some rather meaningful lyrics. I don't know how to bring it out though. I wanted to put subtitles or something, but then I realised it would be too confusing to watch as the lyrics will be taking attention away from the pictures. So I think I shall just leave it as it is.

I've also extended some of the footages so that people can catch them properly. I've also added another picture of the nus identity, to further reinforce the nus spirit, following the comment on ivle.

No comments:

Post a Comment