Time to do post-production editing.
I tried to edit the footage using AfterFx. And I failed. I couldn't get the result that I wanted.
So I tried to edit in PremierePro. But I didn't know how to use it.
Switched back to AfterFx to try again, and again, I failed.
Back to PremierePro. Sought for help from Meiyuan, who seemed to know everything.
Within 15minutes, I knew how to extract the footages and more or less understood how PremierePro worked. Thanks to meiyuan! So I worked on my video and exported it into AfterFx. It was much easier for me to work in AfterFx as I was more familiar with it. However, I am not skilled in it to the extent that I can make flowers sprout out from the sky or anything, just making text inserts and manipulate timing issues. AfterFx is tedious though. To make just a simple transition I need to adjust keyframes until they are perfect, and make sure that there are no times when the screen is empty between footages unless I specifically want it.
After placing all the necessary transitions, I decided that I want to make the video into something like a video of a comic book, with comic book-like fonts (like those in marvel comics).
Then it was time to source for audio for the video. Initially I had wanted to put just one soundtrack for the entire video. But then I couldn't find a quirky enough track to fit the effect I wanted my video to have. So I thought back about Tom and Jerry, where they have an orchestra that played along to the actions in the video. So I decided to source for specific sound effects for different points in the video. I had to use different keywords to search for a sound effect that suited the video. My desktop was plastered with many audio files which could be used for my video.
After that, I had to import the audio into AfterFx and test each file out. Some tracks were too long, some too short. There was one where it was too short but I wanted to use it. So I duplicated it and cut the end of the track to make it transition into the duplicate track as seamlessly as possible. (Also remembering my mistake in Assignment 3, I didn't dare to do anything to the volume of the audio.)
Finally, the video is complete! Uploaded onto Youtube and the server and will wait for comments during critique session in class. I definitely learnt more about using AfterFx and matching audio with footage in this assignment.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment