Friday, March 20, 2009

Assignment 6 - Superhero video (Part 1)

An assignment that sounds interesting, but also sounds very tedious to do.

First, we had to come up with our storyboard. Knowing that my AfterEffects skills aren't that good, I tried to think of ways I can still create a superhero video without exposing my weakness in this area. Initially, I thought of having the 'time-reversal' skill, whereby I just film things backwards and use it as my superpower. It was easy and I could do it. However, I couldn't think of a good enough story to complement the power.

Then guanjie and meiyuan asked if we should combine our stories and make it into sort of like a different perspective video. We met online and discussed our storyline. So it was setttled that I would have teleportation powers, but it would be malfunctioning most of the time. The general idea was to have fun with our videos and make it interesting for others to watch.

I drew the storyboard on paper, with my superb stickman drawing skills (NOT). Added one line captions to some of the scenes and hope that the class will understand the story. Will update again after critique!

No comments:

Post a Comment