Filming on saturday! Boy, I don't think I was ever that excited before.
Since we were part of each others' video, we took turns filming. Lugging the camera and tripod, we filmed meiyuan's part first.
I never knew how hard it was to actually be filming something. The scenes need to be carefully planned, position, lighting, and especially so since we were using bluescreen for some parts. The lighting needs to be consistent. It is also important that we are filming with the post-production in mind, because we needed to know what we can do and what we will need to do to the footages. For example, my teleportation scenes with clean background needs to be in the same position as when I'm in the scene. I am able to tweak the position slightly in AfterFx, but there is a limit to what I can do as I want to keep the footage realistic-looking.
We had alot of no-good shots, because our expressions were not good enough, not clear, there were unwanted things in the scene, etc etc. When it came to my turn, I was stuck some time because I didn't know exactly what angle or things I wanted in my video. There was alot of improvisation too, because I had not visualised filming on location, only how it looked like on the storyboard. On the storyboard it was just paper and transiting from frame to frame. But on video, the images are not static anymore. Everything that I did while the recording button was on meant that those footage will be captured. So we had alot of shots of me walking away, laughing, face looking funny, and so on. There were also scenes of guanjie running back and forth due to positioning problems.
Overall, I understood camera angles better after the filming, and I'm thankful to my group members who helped me film my video. :]
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment