After the critique session, I saw that there were many ways to present the pictures. Some of my fellow classmates had rollover effects, used css or discarded colour information from the pictures to decrease the file sizes.
From this critique, many commented that my 3rd picture at the Yong Tau Foo stall was not significant enough. I had removed colour from the rest of the picture, except for parts where I want the audience to focus on. In this case, the coloured part that remained was less than 20% of the picture and the focus was lost. So I've taken another picture, this time with the coloured section about 70% of the entire picture, with the focus clearly set on the food.
In addition to the picture change, I've also used another html formatting in Dreamweaver to layout my pictures. The final file is very small, compared to what I had previously. Quality was not compromised and yet I managed to get my pictures and captions to fit. This was with the help of some css formatting. I was lucky to had found a book from the National Library that taught web design layouts and I learnt this method of displaying pictures from this book. For this module, one really needs to do alot of individual learning, and the library is your best resource for this :]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment